• Please let James know what key you’d like to change the songs to, so the
range best fits your voice. We can help you with this, so just let us know if you
need help finding what keys work best.
• We have different opportunities for serving with vocals:
- Worship Wall: similar to a choir, but the focus is on the heart of worship
and basic singing on pitch is all that’s required. We don’t currently have
this up yet, but we intend to launch one in the near future.
- BGV: Background vocalist. A more solid skill of singing on pitch is
required, and an understanding of both melody and harmony is
- Song Leader: The beginning requirement is to start on BGV (the best
song leaders first understand how to support in a background role). As
well as the requirements for BGV, a solid understanding of rhythm is
required to lead a song. Note that moving from BGV to song leading is
not required. We have team members who prefer to sing BGV and don’t
feel called to lead a song. If you are open to it, we would love to help
equip you and encourage you toward song leading on our team!
- If you audition for BGV or song leader, prepare to sing harmony for at least
one song. We recommend using “The Worship Initiative (WI)” to learn the
harmony. These resources allow you to solo out harmonies and learn them!
For this setup, guys should sing harmony on What a Beautiful Name, and
ladies should sing harmony on Reckless Love.
- When to sing harmony. We recommend using the album recording (and/or
the WI resources to know where/when to sing). Start with learning the
harmony for the chorus and bridge (where applicable), adding in subtle
additions to verses where needed. The beauty of harmony is that it layers and
doesn’t need to be included the entire song.
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out! You can email James@venturechurch.tv.